You’ll learn to…
- Understand the 5 purposes of intranets
- Find the right intranet mix for your organization
- Apply field-research techniques to understand staff needs
- Design intranets that are both usable and useful for Your Organization
Over time, intranets can become beastly things. Yes, the very intranet that was supposed to provide a great one-stop-shop for all information has now become a confusing jumble of pages that lack findability, ownership, and currency.
Worse yet: no-one seems quite sure what the intranet is even meant to be doing! Oh dear, now what?
James Robertson will show you the two fundamental questions you’ll need to answer before untangling your unruly intranets. Plus, by seeing loads of successful intranets from around the world, you'll get solid implementation ideas to help your organization get back on-track, fast.
Understand the 5 purposes of intranets
You'll explore what intranets can really do for the business and staff.
- Go beyond just content and news to discover the full role of intranets
- See examples of intranets that help organizations work better
Find the right intranet mix for your organization
You'll use business needs to guide intranet decisions.
- Discover how different intranets can be
- Pick the mix of intranet capabilities that matches where your organization is at
Apply field-research techniques to understand staff needs
You'll uncover the techniques vital to designing effective intranets.
- Use specific research methods to identify gaps that your intrane could bridge
- Use staff stories to drive business cases and successful stories
Design intranets that are both usable and useful for Your Organization
You'll learn how to apply best practice UX approaches within the firewall.
- Chock your UX toolkit full of techniques tailored to enterprise intranets
- Make sure this intranet redesign is loved by staff
Intranets are dull sites filled with dead content? HA! Don't make James laugh. Instead, RSVP for his seminar and prepare to be enlightened.
James explains what you'll learn in this 90‑second preview…
Despite the ubiquity of intranets, there are surprisingly few folks who can speak about them with true authority. So we’ve had to travel (virtually) as far as Australia to bag ourselves a bona-fide intranet guru.
As the Managing Director of Step Two Designs in Sydney, James helps enterprise companies create awesome intranets. In fact, he even runs a global competition on the topic -- the Intranet Innovation Awards -- which showcases the leading intranet thinking worldwide.
And because we know you’ll want more of James beyond this seminar, be sure to check out his books, What Every Intranet Team Should Know and Designing Intranets: Creating Sites that Work, or follow him on Twitter @s2d_jamesr.