You’ll learn to…
- Recruit great UX designers
- Identify top applicants
- Drop the junk that turns off great candidates
- Invigorate your entire team by involving them in the process
If finding “the right fit” feels like a frustrating task you’re struggling to survive, you’re doing it wrong. Getting the best UX designers onboard means hiring with your head, not your heart.
And that’s exactly what Jared Spool’s done for his clients and his own team, too.
Fight the worsening “scarcity-of-talent” issue and avoid the dreaded “didn’t-work-out” scenario (which signifies a broken hiring process rather than a crappy designer). Find out about passive recruiting and its long-term benefits, and then do the legwork to understand the “why” behind new positions.
Before you know it, you’ll be including your entire team in a more joyful, effective hiring process that results in top-notch designers contributing amazing work on Day 1.
Recruit great UX designers
- Create performance profiles geared toward hiring for skills, not roles
- Write job ads using goal-oriented language focused on outcomes, not needs
Identify top applicants
- Use candidate assessments to find outliers without automated scanning tools
- Approach portfolios, references, and resumes from a business mindset
Drop the junk that turns off great candidates
- See recruiting as a design problem (hint: temp-to-hire isn’t the solution)
- Identify when to use—and not use—spontaneous design challenges
Invigorate your entire team by involving them in the process
- Lead a team-inclusive process from pre-interviews through job offers
- Set expectations, for existing teams, on how new people will affect their work
If you’re ready to hire UX designers—or you’re struggling to find the right person for the job—then register for this seminar right now.
Jared explains what you'll learn in this 90‑second preview…
Jared Spool took UX to a new level in 1988 when he launched UIE. And by, "to a new level," we mean "validated UX as a vital component of our work, then spent the next 25 years conducting research and writing tirelessly to keep validating it."
Fortunately, for users everywhere, his continued efforts are still paying off.
Jared often can be found onstage, where he captivates crowds with stunning data that reveal how UX can affect a company’s bottom line. He's helped thousands of companies worldwide to increase their profits, identify interaction failures, and integrate UX research and design into their product development cycles.
Reaching designers is a priority, too—aside from these virtual seminars, Jared and the UIE team organize annual conferences chock full of hands-on, practical workshops led by the best industry minds around.
One last thing: Jared is a masterful storyteller with a seemingly endless supply of energy and practical advice, too. He rarely takes the spotlight for our virtual seminars, so this will sell out fast—snag your spot now.