You’ll learn to…
- Dig into responsive web design
- Consider the angle of view
- Handle touch events and hover
- Create within Carrier Controlled Constraints
PPK explains what you’ll learn in this 30 second preview:
Solutions for a_world _of_countless_devices from UIEpreviews
Think of all the screens we look at today—from desktop monitors and TV's to mobile phones and tablets. But how does each affect users' expectations, what influences users’ device purchase in the first place, and why is responsive design the way forward?
These are the questions Peter-Paul Koch (known as "PPK") will answer so you can craft responsive designs for our increasingly multi-device world.
Whether you are just starting to consider mobile design or are extending your organization's digital experiences into cross-channel territory, PPK will be your guide.
Dig into responsive web design
You'll expand beyond the fundamental aspects of HTML and CSS.
- See how meta-viewport and media queries make responsive designs
- Find out why position-fixed is important to cross-platform UX
Consider the angle of view
You'll never look at screen size the same way again.
- Discover why a mobile's UI is bigger than a TV's
- Account for the context in which users are viewing your designs
Handle touch events and hover
You'll examine the unique opportunities afforded by touch interfaces.
- Troubleshoot hover issues that seem to have no solution
Create within Carrier Controlled Constraints
You’ll hear statistics on how users choose their devices in the first place.
- Get the scoop on why so many users are steered toward Android phones
- See mobile-browser, install-base, and sales market shares across devices
If you know there's more to mobile design than iPhone and Android devices, then this seminar is for you.
Peter-Paul explains what you'll learn in this 90‑second preview…
It's not everyday we get to learn practical mobile strategy from one of the most well-respected consultants on Earth, but with Peter-Paul Koch at the helm, Nov. 29 *is* going to be one such day. And we couldn't be more excited.
So if you can't get over to Amsterdam for Fronteers—the conference he founded for front-end professionals—then get in on this seminar. And in the meantime, start taking advantage of PPK's expertise on Twitter @ppk.