You’ll learn to…
- Create experiences without technological constraints
- Stop assuming users are just like you
- Make a content-first approach work
- Establish a solid strategy for planning
Remember the good old days when getting IE6 to “work” was our main worry?
My, we’ve come a long way, baby.
Today, browsers are just one of the issues among a sea of considerations like accessibility, device compatibility, and responsive or adaptive design. And with new techniques and devices coming out daily, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed.
Create experiences without technological constraints
- Understand progressive enhancement and integrate it with your process
- Use content as your foundation and build the experience from there
Stop assuming users are just like you
- Come to a better understanding of how existing design decisions can unintentionally skew your analytics
- Prevent the typical myopic view of web and mobile experiences
Make a content-first approach work
- Fuse responsive web design and mobile-first with progressive enhancement
- Focus content, core tasks, and visual designs on a continuum
Establish a solid strategy for planning
- Sketch different experiences using basic UI elements and flow charts
- Plan decision points and outcomes from simple through complex interactions
Join us for this seminar if you:
- Need a manageable design process that works for your whole team
- Feel your sanity slipping away as more devices launch every. single. day.
- Want to plan, design, and test all potential experiences across platforms
If you’re trying to create a better web and are open to rethinking how you approach designing for any interface, then you need to watch Aaron’s seminar.
Aaron explains what you'll learn in this 90‑second preview…
Even if you’ve already read Aaron Gustafson’s book, Adaptive Web Design, you’re still going to learn more than you thought possible in a single seminar.
Why? Because Aaron isn’t just an authority on building crossplatform experiences he’s a natural instructor who focuses on practical techniques you can start using now.
Which is why we’re ecstatic to have him especially after his soldout workshop at last year’s UI17 conference. And it’s also why you’ll love learning from him.
As the group manager for WaSP and man behind Web Standards Sherpa, Aaron works passionately and tirelessly to advance web standards across our industry. He also runs the web consultancy Easy Designs, has authored a slew of articles for .net Magazine and A List Apart, and frequently mentors teams at organizations such as Blue Cross Blue Shield and SAS.