- Work faster, smarter, and happier with lean UX
- Emphasize experiences over deliverables
- Understand what to expect when integrating Lean UX into your processes
- Know which 5 Lean UX tools you should start using today
The efforts of UX designers historically have been defined by deliverables like wireframes, sitemaps, diagrams, and inventories. But hark! An evolution is afoot!
Today, UX designers are creating delightful and intuitive user experiences far beyond “The Spec™.” And guiding this movement is the practice of Lean UX, a new way of working that merges Lean Product and Agile development theories.
In this course, Jeff describes the positive impacts Lean UX has on existing processes, communications, and team interactions—and all to the benefit of users, colleagues, and bosses everywhere.
Work faster, smarter, and happier with lean UX
You’ll hear how principles of the Lean Startup movement and Agile are breaking down entrenched obsessions with UX documentation.
- See how validation, iteration, and prototyping are driving the Lean UX movement
- Embrace speed and sketching—without sacrificing quality
Emphasize experiences over deliverables
You’ll learn to discuss the business, marketing, and communication benefits of adopting Lean UX.
- Find out how to remove perceived limitations on user experiences
- Replace documentation with conversations that focus on a shared team vision
Understand what to expect when integrating Lean UX into your processes
You’ll start to build a culture of cross-functional, positive critiques that make for great designs.
- Validate design hypotheses through smart, low-cost usability testing
- Build consensus by iterating quickly and eliminating single points of “failure”
Know which 5 Lean UX tools you should start using today
You'll learn which UX tools make any project a success.
- Create task-flow interactions specific to a site’s content
- Run a dynamic design exercise that emphasizes collaboration
Jeff explains what you'll learn in this 90‑second preview…
Jeff Gothelf once spent six months on the road with a circus. Really, if he doesn’t show you the pictures during one of his presentations, ask him about it. You won’t be sorry.
But these days, Jeff is the ringmaster of lean UX, a methodology to reduce risk and minimize waste in product development. Jeff is the author of the excellent book, Lean UX and a Principal at the Neo Innovation Labs' NYC office.
So suffice it to say, Jeff is The Guy behind lean UX, and we couldn’t be more excited to have him here to teach you what he knows.
And part of what he knows came from his experiences as the UX director at TheLadders.com. He also spent time in interaction design and UX roles for Publicis Modem, WebTrends, and AOL.