Designing with Agile
UX design in Agile can be a frustrating experience when teams are more focused on delivery over the quality of the experience. But the thinking behind major Agile methods such as XP or Scrum can be applied to UX design, too, and Anders is going to show you how.
He'll provide an evocative mental model illustrating how the Agile game is played. Then, he'll walk you through a series of techniques that will both help you understand Agile thinking and apply it in your daily practice.
Play the project game in a different way
You'll hear the history of Agile, including its glorious benefits and typical dysfunctions.
- Get away from the UX relay race within Agile development
- Recognize gaps in Agile and bridge them with UX thinking
Replace passive collaboration with active collaboration
You'll engage in workshop activities as a team to generate shared understanding.
- Transform project kickoffs with Collaborative Chartering and Ideation Clearinghouses
- Develop a shared team vision that truly supports designing ahead
Integrate UI design with user stories
You'll shift your thinking to avoid jumping straight to solution design.
- Write user stories focused on context
- Create lean documents that can be easily updated as a project unfolds
Make UX planning part of the project rhythm
You'll get to concurrent team participation faster and build real products that users love.
- See how simultaneous UX design works within sprints
- Bake design studios, usability days, and research segments into the UX process
You already know that UX decisions touch every part of a project. But integrating them with Agile to communicate, estimate, and deliver the product is critical to winning.
Fortunately, after this seminar, you'll be ready to knock it out of the park.