Forms are important content features for gathering user information, but if we are being honest, they rarely receive a lot of love during production, and completion rates can vary.
Aaron Gustafson takes a fresh look at forms and shows us how we can create effective, first-rate experiences. We’ll get to the core purpose of forms and discuss ways to make it easier to build them, and for people to complete them.
In this seminar, Aaron will:
- Share stories from companies like Facebook, who have experimented, tested, and adjusted their forms to respond to the needs of customers.
- Provide best practices to make forms more usable and successful.
Web designers, developers, UX professionals, and content strategists will benefit from the conversation around best practices, user experience, and strategies for making usable forms that people enjoy submitting.
Design And Build Effective Forms
- Choose the right field types to get information you need and avoid user confusion
- Use the right elements for user interactions, and browser features for accessibility and form validation
Increase Completion Rates
- Take a critical look at required and non-required form fields
- Get tips on how to deal with validation when things go wrong, and how to inform users of errors without confusing them
- Use language that speaks to your customers
Attend this seminar if you want to improve the form completion rates on your site, and the quality and effectiveness of the forms you create. You’ll get advice for working with stakeholders as you gather form requirements. If you are bored with forms, we’ve got you covered with a new way of looking at them.