We’re all familiar with bad workshops: hours—or days—of unstructured discussion that ends with no clear outcome. Good workshops, however, are the perfect way to kick off a project, conduct discovery, and collaborate with coworkers.
In this seminar, Avanade Digital experience director Austin Govella gives us a three-part surefire formula for effective, productive, and winning workshops: frame, facilitate, and finish.
Discover what makes a good workshop—and what makes a bad one
- Learn the importance of collaborating the right way
- Get step-by-step directions for effective collaboration
Learn how to properly frame the question
- See how framing is critical for a successful workshop outcome
- Get the four exact things to say in order to set up a productive discussion
Get a guide to the four stages of facilitation
- See how these stages apply to any conversation
- Find out the most successful ways to prompt and prod participants
Find out how to finish strong
- Get tips for planning your workshop with the outcome in mind
- See how following this structure leads to a team consensus and concrete next steps
This seminar is for design leads, members of a design team, and anyone who collaborates with others. You’ll come away with a new understanding of the benefits of workshops, how to plan and facilitate a successful one, and the structure that leads to successful collaboration.