- Create an experience brief outlining your product requirements
- Conduct in-depth research to inform your product vision
- Run a product visioning workshop
- Prioritize opportunities to act on your product visions
Defining a long term vision for your product can be an exercise in frustration. For starters, it can be difficult to get cross-functional teams and stakeholders to align on a single direction even for the short term — even when you’re 100% certain that your current product vision is nowhere near meeting your users’ needs.
Christine Perfetti developed the Launch It approach to give teams a process and framework they can use to work collaboratively to map out a long term product vision for their products. The process unites teams behind one product vision and gives you a product roadmap that will guide the Product and UX team’s decisions and priorities.
Christine will walk you through each step of the product visioning process, from planning and research to creating concrete deliverables to inform your product vision. She’ll share her insights into the best user research methods and her tried-and-true methodologies for prioritizing opportunities for your product. And she’ll teach you how to run your own product visioning workshop — one that’s guaranteed to result in a 3-year product vision.
Create an experience brief outlining your product requirements
- Define your business goals, user goals, and required features/functionality
- Conduct stakeholder interviews to inform your experience brief
Conduct in-depth research to inform your product vision
- Review the basics of ethnographic research and user interviews
- Create personas and journey maps
Run a product visioning workshop
- Iterate rapidly using familiar elements of the design studio methodology
- Identify opportunities to achieve your product vision using the KJ Technique
Prioritize opportunities to act on your product visions
- Vote on which opportunities are “must haves,” “should haves,” and “could haves”
- Rank opportunities based on business values, user values, and the degree of effort required to achieve them
Attend this seminar if you want to:
- Map out a unified, long term vision for your product that aligns with user needs
- Learn a collaborative, iterative approach to product visioning
- Run your own product visioning workshops
Creating compelling and delightful user experiences isn’t about magic. There’s a science to it, one that Christine Perfetti has spent over a decade exploring. Join her for this Virtual Seminar, and you’ll have all the tools and techniques you’ll need to help your company plan, prioritize, and create amazing products and experiences.
To say we’re huge fans of Christine Perfetti would be an understatement. After all, she was once the VP and Managing Director here at UIE before founding Perfetti Media, where she coaches clients on design and research best practices.
And those coaching skills are exceptional; she regularly receives outstanding marks from workshop attendees and seminar listeners. Christine’s practical approach to design and research is refreshing, and she also uses tons of case studies to illustrate various techniq
Some of those examples come from her impressive client list, which includes companies like Cisco WebEx, Carbonite, the Neat Company, and GlaxoSmithKline, among many others.
Christine was most recently the Senior Director of User Experience at Acquia, where she was responsible for driving the company’s UX research and design processes. She also was the Director of User Experience for Carbonite and taught Human Factors at the Tufts University Gordon Institute for Engineering Management.