- Learn how to choose the right project methodology
- Gain tactics for estimating and scoping a project
- Build a better project plan
Estimating and planning a digital project with accuracy is tricky, especially if the project is large and your team is using a hybrid approach, like Agile and Waterfall, to get the job done. If your teams are not meeting deadlines and budgets, and are chronically unsure of what’s coming up next, then it’s time to take a step back and adjust the way you estimate and plan.
In this seminar, we’ll hear about tactics and best practices for getting the right estimate on projects large and small, how to break down Agile tasks accurately, and how to communicate and plan with teams and stakeholders.
Learn how to choose the right project methodology
- Understand how your team organizes around a project to get it done
- Learn how to estimate projects around a chosen methodology
- Work collaboratively with teams and stakeholders to find agreement on the project
Gain tactics for estimating and scoping a project
- Understand the challenges to estimating projects, and hear tips on how to do it better
- Get granular with your tasks and subtasks
- Learn how to estimate tasks in Agile
Build a better project plan
- Learn how to plan for Agile projects
- Get tips for successful project planning, from research and pre-planning to draft and execution
- See a breakdown of planning tools, from Team Gantt to Microsoft Project and Wrike
If you are a project manager, UX designer, graphic designer, content strategist, developer, or anyone who needs more experience developing better project estimates, this seminar will help you hit the mark.
Brett Harned is a digital project management consultant, coach, and community advocate from Philadelphia, PA. His work focuses on solving issues that are important to organizations who want to produce quality digital projects in harmony. He loves to build processes and communication tactics that work not only for projects, but for the people involved in them. Most recently, Brett has worked with companies like Simple, YNPN, Navy Federal Credit Union, and a number of digital agencies. Prior to starting his consultancy, he was Vice President of Project Management at Happy Cog, where he mentored a team of PMs and managed projects for companies like Zappos, MTV, and Monotype.
Brett is the author of Project Management for Humans, publishing this Spring from Rosenfeld Media.