Balancing Continuous Discovery and Delivery
You need to subscribe or get 48-hour access to watch this seminar.
In this seminar, Jeff Patton, author of User Story Mapping, explains how the work we do to identify and validate what to build can take center-stage in your development approach. You'll leave with ideas for keeping discovery and delivery work running continuously and smoothly with the whole team involved.
Build your core product team—your triad
- Use your core product team, led by a product manager, to guide discovery
- Ensure your product is feasible, valuable, and usable with your team
Give equal visibility to discovery and delivery work
- Make your hypotheses and experiments continuously visible
- Maintain your “crime board” during the entire process
Involve the whole team in the discovery process
- Involve team members in day to day product discovery work
- Keep stakeholders informed and involved in product discovery work
Make discovery an iterative process
- Follow the four steps of the delivery process
- Employ a dual-track development for continuous discovery and development