We've all been there. Just as a design nears final approval, a decision-maker enters the picture to suggest “tweaks” that shift the project's course. And the worst part? That person doesn't understand all the reasons for your design decisions!
But wait, is that gloomy perspective only held by the design team responsible?
Find out the answer by getting a reality check on critiques from Adam Connor. He'll describe how to give, receive, and act upon feedback while confidently guiding your projects through beneficial feedback loops. With the right approach to critique and collaboration, your designs will be stronger than ever.
Structure projects to include more feedback loops
You'll see how powerful and positive critiques truly can be.
- Create an environment for people to share freely and often
- Integrate collaborative critiques to identify strengths and weaknesses
Listen to stakeholder comments with increased objectivity
You'll become a stronger designer.
- Overcome the communication challenges that can hold you back
- Analyze the core problem that the feedback is highlighting
Separate problem solving from critical thinking
You'll adopt a perspective that results in more effective designs.
- Remove “What if we did this...” from critique sessions
- Facilitate discussions to understand context for decision-making
Give and receive critiques differently, and for the better
You'll react less and adapt more. And it’ll feel awesome.
- Approach feedback as opportunities rather than insults
- Communicate goals, then ask questions before making statements
Critiques are a critical component for improving our designs! Capitalize on them sooner by registering for Adam’s seminar now.