The efforts of UX designers historically have been defined by deliverables like wireframes, sitemaps, diagrams, and inventories. But hark! An evolution is afoot!
Today, UX designers are creating delightful and intuitive user experiences far beyond “The Spec™.” And guiding this movement is the practice of Lean UX, a new way of working that merges Lean Product and Agile development theories.
In this course, Jeff describes the positive impacts Lean UX has on existing processes, communications, and team interactions—and all to the benefit of users, colleagues, and bosses everywhere.
Work faster, smarter, and happier with lean UX
You’ll hear how principles of the Lean Startup movement and Agile are breaking down entrenched obsessions with UX documentation.
- See how validation, iteration, and prototyping are driving the Lean UX movement
- Embrace speed and sketching—without sacrificing quality
Emphasize experiences over deliverables
You’ll learn to discuss the business, marketing, and communication benefits of adopting Lean UX.
- Find out how to remove perceived limitations on user experiences
- Replace documentation with conversations that focus on a shared team vision
Understand what to expect when integrating Lean UX into your processes
You’ll start to build a culture of cross-functional, positive critiques that make for great designs.
- Validate design hypotheses through smart, low-cost usability testing
- Build consensus by iterating quickly and eliminating single points of “failure”
Know which 5 Lean UX tools you should start using today
You'll learn which UX tools make any project a success.
- Create task-flow interactions specific to a site’s content
- Run a dynamic design exercise that emphasizes collaboration