- Define user experience design
- Get strategies for making the case for UX
- Learn how to demonstrate the value of UX in your organization
- Make a plan for building and sustaining momentum
You know the importance of UX. You know it can boost business, help retain customers and clients, and competitively innovate your organization. And you also know the frustration of not being able to effectively convey its real business value to others in your organization.
So how do you sell non-designers on the need for investing in experience design? This seminar gives you the tools to advocate successfully for UX. You’ll learn how to overcome organizational language barriers, how to navigate your business culture, how to communicate—and demonstrate—the value of UX, and how to build a bridge to long-term success.
Get the tools to elevate what you do as a designer inside your organization—whether that’s a corporate setting, a startup, a nonprofit, or an agency—and get the message across that user experience design is critical to success.
Define user experience design
- Brush up on UX terminology
- Learn to recognize current UX trends
- Better understand how UX can help your organization solve problems
Get strategies for making the case for UX
- Find out why understanding your organization’s culture is key
- Get three effective techniques for communicating the value of UX
- Take away specific, focused points to address with stakeholders
Learn how to demonstrate the value of UX in your organization
- Make sure you’re asking the right questions
- Understand the importance of quantitative and qualitative metrics
- Learn how to measure success
Make a plan for building and sustaining momentum
- Understand how to keep the marriage of design and business alive
- Learn the six characteristics that successful firms share
- Get the tools to spark a cultural shift in your organization
If you’re a design lead, UX designer, or designer of any experience level, you’ll leave this seminar with the communication strategies and tools to ease your work frustrations, elevate your design, and help bring your organization to the next level.
Ever heard of UX for Good? It's an annual social-good design event we absolutely love, and Jason Ulaszek founded it. That marriage of entrepreneurial spirit and UX expertise makes him a sought-after expert on connecting creative with business.
But more than that, he's just a riot. Seriously, this man's energy is matched only by his uncanny ability to describe complex topics in simple terms. (Exceptional, in other words.)
By day, Jason's business acumen comes in handy as Founder and Chief Design Officer for Inzovu, where he leads project teams exploring new ways to tackle and solve social problems through design. He's also an adjunct faculty member in the HCI Masters program at DePaul University, and you'll be referencing his teaching for years to come.
Get brain nuggets from him on Twitter @webbit.