As organizations grow, they often lose clarity over what truly matters to their customers—and what doesn’t. Web strategies get bogged down by internal politics, and opinion, that cloud priorities and result in a “march of the tiny tasks” for web professionals.
In this virtual seminar, Gerry McGovern shares his method for identifying top user tasks that measure the value of the customer experience. Placing a priority on top tasks will help teams take conversations out of opinion and into data and supported research.
McGovern’s seminar will help professionals:
Measure what people are actually doing on a website—not what they
say they are doing
Create hard metrics that communicate the value of the customer
experience to management
- Develop a reliable, repeatable metric that tracks progress over time
Using top tasks will equip UX, content, and marketing professionals with undisputed evidence that quantifies user experience problems and prioritizes solutions.
- Gather a list of customer tasks from a variety of sources: user data analytics, stakeholder interviews, social media, and more
- Get customers to vote using Gerry’s unique survey technique that targets the gut-instinct response
- Identify a list of top tasks from the customer and from the internal stakeholder perspective, and compare where the differences in focus are
Task Performance Indicator
- Select the top tasks from the task identification data and craft questions for these tasks that are tested with users
- Discover a reliable, repeatable metric (the Task Performance Indicator) associated with each task that is communicated to management and tested over time
- Integrate a successful, iterative process for measuring and improving the customer experience using top tasks
Attend this seminar if you want to:
- Define the customer-centric needs in your organization
- Be a more effective champion of the customer experience by using hard metrics to communicate user experience problems and solutions to management
- Use a proven model for identifying customer needs in support of clean, targeted and simple solutions for your design and content
This seminar will help professionals managing or consulting on large websites, as well as those focused on the customer experience, to communicate the value of focusing on customers by using metrics derived from evidence-based research.