- Inspire designers to unite and share their work
- Unify your design community within your organization
- Illustrate how products relate & work together
Design systems are often difficult to understand. Some systems give so much value to the organization, but stifle innovation. Defining what we want to accomplish—and how to get there—can be a constant uphill battle if we can’t “paint the picture” of what a cohesive experience looks like. As designers, we need to show how products work together, so we don’t have to create something new every time.
In this virtual seminar, Nathan Curtis demonstrates how to approach design systems and standards across products, teams, and organizations to produce cohesive user experiences at scale. You’ll gain an appreciation for the core of the design system and understand how to promote its value throughout your organization.
Inspire designers to unite and share their work
- Collaborate in smaller groups to align ideas and build trust
- Corral teams to share their work with executive sponsors and advocates
Unify your design community within your organization
- Build relationships with other designers individually, so you connect as a whole
- Balance large meetings with smaller, more personal interactions
Illustrate how products relate & work together
- Build prototypes that span products and platforms
- Show consistency between teams and products
Attend this seminar if:
- You want to improve how you sell your ideas within your organization
- You want to grab people’s attention and keep them engaged
If you want to learn how to navigate the system and bond your design community, this seminar is for you.
Nathan explains what you'll learn in this 90‑second preview…
Nathan Curtis has been swimming in the deep end of the UX pool since 1996, when he started focusing his creative energies on IA, ID, usability, and front-end development. He's also an entrepreneur at heart, having founded the renowned EightShapes in Washington, DC, where he continues to make a splash today.
Nathan, who authored Modular Web Design, has presented several UIE Virtual Seminars on prototyping and sketching, and led daylong workshops at our live conferences. His featured talk from UI17, Fearless Prototyping for Skeptics, is also available here in All You Can Learn.
Want to hear more from Nathan? Check out his articles on "Team Models for Scaling a Design System" and "A Design System isn't a Project. It's a product, Serving Products."